Payments & Risk Manager
LifeVantage is seeking an experienced payments and risk professional to take ownership of and oversee all things payments as well as fraud detection & mitigation and chargeback & refund management for our online payments. The Payments & Risk Manager is part of the Finance Department and is a hands-on role for a data driven individual who will interact cross functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success and Compliance. This role will report to the VP, Treasury Management and will be highly analytical, resourceful and have a high degree of curiosity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Minimize the risk of fraud and financial abuse across users.
- Optimize and refine controls used to detect fraudulent activity.
- Stay up-to-date with current technology, product changes and fraud trends.
- Provide tactical ownership of payment policies, procedures, and strategies to support rollout of new payment product offerings.
- Liaison with Customer Success team around fraud related issues.
- Fully understand areas of risk for the organization; have strategies in place to combat common threats for subscription businesses
- Closely follow fraud trends and ensure communication of trends and reporting is delivered to all stakeholders.
- Analyze large quantities of data to identify fraud patterns.
- Build innovative risk management strategy to reduce financial exposure as well as improve customer experience.
- Leverage third party risk management tools to expand fraud detection capabilities.
- Train and develop risk team members on manual review process and how to detect fraudulent activity.
- Monitor, analyze and report fraud/chargeback status to all levels to the leadership and stakeholders
- Oversee the chargeback response process and coordinate efforts to sustain a strong partnership with outside service providers and key internal partners.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Preferred 5+ years’ experience in position of similar duties
- Deep understanding of fraud within an ecommerce, card not present environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and excel in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, trends within the data and formulate theories and conclusions.